Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mad about Madeleines...Part 2

My lemon-flavoured madeleines of the day. I love them, and so does my personal goûteur, my dear husband!

Here is an unmissable recipe for Madeleines. No recipe for disaster, promised!
I got it from Magali and Chantal, two French ladies that I met at a party last month. The discussion was easy for me to launch as I was first sampling, and then devouring several of their delicious homemade madeleines.
Their madeleines were incredibly scrumptious, plump and perfectly unctuous.
I made them today. I added the zest of a lemon and the juice of half a lemon to give them some nice zingy flavour.
And the result is...MEMORABLE, to quote Marcel Proust!

Preparation time: 15 min.
Chilling time: 30 min
Cooking time : 7 min
For a batch of 24 madeleines

Preheat the oven at 450*F
Ingredients:
4 eggs
225 g flour
150g sugar
1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
130 g melted butter
Flavour : Add a zest of lemon and /or the juice of 1/2 a lemon or orange (or 1 to 2 tbsp of liqueur: Grand Marnier, for instance), or vanilla extract...to taste, really!
.Whisk the eggs with the sugar
.Then add the flour and baking powder
.Stir in the flavour of your choice
.Add the melted butter to the mixture
.Let the mixture cool down for 30 min before pouring into the non-stick madeleine pan
.Bake for 7 min (per tray) at 450*F.
.Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before turning them out on a cooling rack.
Happy Madeleine Day!
Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

No comments: