Thursday, January 7, 2010

Une Fleur à la Boutonnière!


Takashi Murakami - Flower Ball, 2004

Mon cher Coco,

First, I would like to apologize for having been kept away so long. I was quite busy researching and preparing resource material for my new French teaching position. I indeed started a new job for the Government yesterday, and as any job, it needs a certain input of time and effort to adjust!
But, here I am. I'm back!
I would like to start off this new decade with a Flower Power behind-the-seams story. As I was going through my jewels, scarves and other fancy accessories over the holiday, I fell on a felt boutonniere that I made a few years ago, when still in Lyon, France. It had fallen out of grace in my eyes, so I was going to discard it for good, when my dear husband said: "Wait a minute! You made it. I love it... I want to wear it!" Ah, love is beautiful! Since then, he has worn it on the lapel of his Yohji Yamamoto winter coat everyday, and I must admit that I am very proud when he reports to me the compliments he got along the way, with his new 'fleur à la boutonnière'.


I wish you all to start off this new decade with a lovely flower on your lapel - Flower Power all over the world!

Love,
Christine Rochet-Jacob
Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

No comments: