Tuesday, December 15, 2009

City of Craft...day and night!

Plants you can't kill by Shannon Gerard
Last weekend I went to The City of Craft. Toronto's celebration of all things handmade. Of course, Mon cher Coco had to be there!
My attention was caught by a few amazing booths: Lines by: davis., The Devil's Workshop (last July my husband and I took a jewellery lesson with them to make our wedding bands),Damned Dollies, Kid Icarus prints, and one of my favourites: Plants that you can't kill by Shannon Gerard- the fastest crocheting I've ever seen!

But, I must admit that at the end of the day, it was a bit too crafty for me...Too many buttons, sock monkeys, screen printed T-shirts, hemp bags or tea towels. After a few hours at the fair, we left and as we were walking on Queen Street west, I suddenly stopped - I could not help but laugh my heart out. Look at that!

The Knit Café is a really neat place to hang out, for sure...and this crocheted skeleton in the window will not contradict me. I agree that the subject might look a bit grim, but it is so hilariously unexpected for a Xmas window decoration. I love these girls! It makes me feel like learning how to knit properly with them...
Once we were back from this day out full of crafty discoveries, we got ourselves ready to attend a very stylish Christmas party, thrown by Deryck, photographer, and Sioban, visual merchandiser and stylist. My husband and his twin brother had agreed on d-jaying the party for the night.
As soon as we entered the place, I was blown away! The Xmas decoration was breathtaking and so inspirational. But I'd better let you judge by yourselves...




So what do you think...Thumbs up?

The Jacob Twins (Miguel and Marco) off the hook, rocking the dance floor! Thank you guys. We had a great time dancing.

This Saturday, day and night, felt like a real Xmas treat! It left me with the imperceptible, and delicate aftertastes of a scrumptious pain au chocolat - which actually reminds me that Sioban has recently experimented a crazy pain au chocolat recipe... Hum, I wish she would use me as a guinea pig for her next batch! Hey Sioban, whatever the pain it causes you, I will support your effort, and just so you know I am ready to come and taste any pains that you bake. ;0)

Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

No comments: